Temporary VAT Refund Electronic Service
To prevent the spread of coronavirus disease 2019 in value-added tax refund processing at airport counters, Directorate General of Taxes advises all foreign tourists who wish to claim VAT refund to submit their claims through emails. All VAT refund counters at the five designated airports will be closed temporarily until further notice.
For more information ACCESS THIS PAGE
Get Your Tax Refund
Now your visit to Indonesia can be more enjoyable. The Indonesian government has provided a facility for a tax refund if your purchase goods in any shop (retailer) with the "Tax Refund for Tourists" logo. Please feel free to visit any Indonesian shop (retailer) with the "Tax Refund for Tourists" logo and enjoy your shopping time. Pay Less and Get the Best.
Video: How to claim the Tax Refund
What is "the Tax Refund for Tourist"?
Tax Refund for Tourists is a facility given by the Indonesian government which allows tourist (foreign passport holders) to claim back Value Added Tax (VAT) on goods purchased in any store registered as a "Tax Refund for Tourists" participant.
Who is eligible for a Tax Refunds Scheme?
Any foregin passport holder who is not an Indonesia citizen or not a Permanent Resident of Indonesia, who lives or stays in Indonesia no longer than 60 days upon her/his arrival.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I apply Tax Refund from any retailer in Indonesia?
No, you can only apply fot Tax Refund from retailer with "Tax Refund for Tourists" logo on it.
- What if I stay for more than 60 days in Indonesia?
Am I eligible for the Tax Refund?
No, Tax refund can only be given to a tourist/foreign passport holder who lives or stays in Indonesia for a maximum of 60 days from the date of entry into Indonesia.
Please be advised that to make your payments eligible for refund, your payments should be completed within one month prior to your departure date leaving Indonesia.
- What if I buy goods from retailer shop with "Tax Refund for Tourists" logo and those goods are shipped by carrier companies? Am I eligible for Tax Refund?
No, Tax refund can only be given to a tourist/foreign passport holder who carries on the goods as accompanied baggage out of Indonesia.
- Is it possible to purchase goods with several payment receipt and be eligible for Tax refund facilities?
Yes, as long as your minimum Tax amount per receipt is Rp50.000 (fifty thousand rupiah) and the sum of tax from several receipt should comply a minimum of Rp500.000 (five hundred thousand rupiah).
- How can I find out which shop (retailer) has been registered as a "Tax Refund for Tourists" participant?
Please check the DGT website at www.pajak.go.id
How to claim the Tax Refund?
Accompanied baggage (goods)
To be eligible for the Tax refund:
- goods must be purchased from shop with “Tax Refund for Tourists" logo across Indonesia by showing your passport, and you must have a valid tax invoice (a tax invoice attached with one payment receipt) from the shop.
- minimum Tax payment is Rp50.000 (fifty thousand rupiah) per transaction and the sum of tax from several receipt should comply a minimum of Rp 500.000 (five hundred thousand rupiah).
- goods are purchased within 1 (one) month before departing Indonesia.
- goods must be carried out of Indonesia as accompanied baggage within 1 (one) month of the date of purchase.
Tax Refund Workflow
Tax refund payment options
Tax refund can be given in cash or transfer:
- By cash in Indonesia Rupiah (IDR) currency.
Tax refund is given in cash only if the amount does not exceed Rp5.000.000 (five million rupiah);
- By transfer to your bank account:
When the amount of Tax refund exceed Rp5.000.000 (five million rupiah), the refund will be made by transfer. The passenger should provide bank account number; account name, address, bank routing number, designated bank for transfer and requested currency for the Tax refund. The transfer will be done within one month of receipt of application for Tax refund.
The Tax refund can only be claimed at the airport on the date of your departure and you must follow these steps:
Claim Tax Refund at counter
- Submit the original valid tax invoice (a tax invoice attached with one payment receipt) to the Directorate General of Taxes (DGT) officer in the Tax Refund counter. This valid tax invoice also serves as an application for Tax Refund to the DGT;
- Show passport, boarding pass and the purchased goods as accompanied baggage;
- Receive Tax refund by cash or transfer to your bank account.
When can I get my Tax Refund?
Your Tax refund will be refunded in cash on the date of departure at Tax Refund counters before departing Indonesia or within 1 (one) month if you requested payment by transfer.
Where are the Tax Refund counters located?
Tax Refund counters are located in selected Indonesian international airports.
Currently, Tax Refund counters are available at:
|Kualanamu, Medan||Departure Terminal, 2nd Floor||kualanamu-airport.co.id|
|Terminal 2F, International Departure, 2nd Floor||soekarnohatta-airport.co.id|
|Terminal 3, Gate 1, 2nd Floor||soekarnohatta-airport.co.id|
|Adisucipto, Yogyakarta||Terminal B||adisutjipto-airport.co.id|
|Juanda, Surabaya||Terminal 2, Ground Floor||juanda-airport.com|
|Ngurah Rai, Denpasar||International Terminal, 3rd Floor||www.baliairport.com|